Monday, December 13, 2010

A Prayer on Monday

Father I thank you for the way in which you wired me. Only now do I begin to see that you were in charge of how I was wired. Some things you ‘hard wired, and others you allowed to developing with each new circumstance and event in my life. I thank you that there is no one else like me, I am not a copy. Help me as I learn to enjoy being me, your son and servant.

Understanding why you did this, hasn’t been easy. I live in a world where acceptance is at the heart of much of who we are and what I (we) do. I thank you that I have a long way yet to go, but you are here with me on this journey and I don’t have to face the unknown without you. No I don’t understand why you have led where you have and where you are directing now, but of this I am certain, where I’ve been and what’s been done hasn’t been wasted. You were in it every step of the way in “you’re all things plan.” Even now, I thank you for the challenge you set before me. You chose this direction, help me to enjoy the trip.

Grant these my brothers and sisters the assurance of not only your protection but your presence in the ‘lion’s den, the fiery furnace, the upper room and storm on the sea..None of these are places I want to be alone. So “now unto him who is able to keep you . . . “ the comfort of the Shepherds’ voice, your presence be your strength and song. This I pray in the STRONG Name of Jesus, AMEN.

Love ya,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment