Monday, February 7, 2011

Praying together on Monday

Father, it’s a new day. I begin by asking for your help as we plan our week’s work and responsibilities. We are called upon to be and do so many things I wonder where to begin. Oh yes, I thank you that I’ve begun with you. Spending time alone with you, no staff meeting, not rushing to get to my first appointment, but just a moment alone with you.

Here in this moment, may I breathe in you presence, fall into your arms and be reminded of how much you love me. I’m already feeling the push to get on with the day, the piles of paperwork behind me; the voice mails that are waiting for me when I pick up the phone; the text messages I don’t want to look at, and family and congregants who wonder, “what is it you do all day?” I ask your help with the study and research I long to do, for the reading which goes unattended to, because of the other demands of our lives.

Jesus, I miss my time with you, and sense you feel that way as well. Bless these my brothers and sisters who struggle, whose whole beings long for your nearness. Come Holy Spirit, I thank you for lifting my heart and my head. For the reminder I’m not forgotten, overlooked or abandoned. I am your concern, not once in a while but of every moment of every day. You know me, and I belong to you, so as I rest in this moment, I thank you for your blessing, your victory; your joy and strength to face the challenges of this day and week, ‘because in you I live and move and have be being.’

In the strong and matchless name of Jesus, Amen.

Love ya,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment