Monday, February 14, 2011

With thanksgiving on Valentine's Day

Father, on this day when we remember our loved one, I thank you for the greatest love of all, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son . . .” John 3:16. You love us so much you gave! Not a card, or even a rose, but your most precious gift, Jesus for me and those like me.

Today, I will attempt to demonstrate my love for my wife, our children and grand child, fellow pastors and leaders, I will try to make it clear that they mean a great deal to me. While I can’t spend the money to send each of you a card, candy and roses, I’m attempting to communicate with you to let you know how I love you.

There you stand Lord and Christ, with nail scarred hands and feet, a head crowned with thorns and back cut open by a ‘cat-of nine tails” type of whip, all for me and those like me. And yet too often I forget the high price you paid for my and our sin. I will try to let everyone but you know how much I love them; Jesus, I want to add you to this list, not at the bottom of it, like an afterthought, but right here at the beginning.

No rose(s), candy or any other gift will ever tell you how much I thank you for your sacrificial gift of your life for me. I owe you a debt I can never repay I love you Jesus. For what you did for me, (us), Thank you for allowing me to your valentine, may my life begin to return the love and favor you’ve shown me (us).Bless these today, not because I ask, but because you love them.

For that one, who won’t get a card or gift, may they sense your love for them, your voice singing over them in the stillness of that moment while loneliness wraps itself about them; the comfort of the footsteps like ‘goodness and mercy’ following them all the days of their lives, this day.

In the strong name of JESUS, Amen!

Love ya, T.A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment