Monday, September 12, 2011

Praying together on Monday . . .

Father, I thank you for who you called us to be, your sons and daughters, children of the most high God. We may have begun our lives as those who that world didn't think very much of because of where we were born, our lack of educational opportunity or social status. You didn't allow that or anything else to prevent you from loving and caring for me. You provided someone, your own Son for those whom the world didn't think much of or cared for, that we might have the greatest gift, everlasting life in Your presence. 

Thank you for struggle, for by it we are made strong; thank you for sharing our pain; thank you for reminding me that we are important to you and have a real purpose for our living. Thank you for calling us into your service, while I wonder just were I fit and question my ability, You who know me best, reassure me that our place is next to your heart.Your Spirit is guiding our foot steps; you there to catch me when I fall. There are moments when you remind me, I prevented your fall, I held you up with my strong right hand.

Bless our week, the meetings, the reading, the prep work that must be done to get us ready for the next whatever. Remember our families, our wives and husbands, and yes, for those of us, who must lead a family alone, grant us grace to trust you as we struggle alone. Lord, bless our children, we can't be with them in their struggles and battles, but Your Spirit is present. May they be reminded of the word spoken yesterday and in those days before; your ability to deal with those who want to hurt them of trying to make them feel inferior.

And finally Lord, for those of us who are called to lead, in whatever role we serve, give us Your grace to know the way, when ther is no road map or guide. Give us strength to deal with our own frustrations, those who are short-sighted or 'near-sighted' seeing only their own desires and plans. We're Yours Lord, THANK YOU for that fact; for your hope alive within us, 

In Jesus name, Amen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment