Monday, June 25, 2012

Abba, Today I thank you for your love of me as a person. Not even for the calling you placed upon my life or ministry I’m serving in, but just because you have placed you love upon me.

Forgive me for wanting more than you know I can handle, the expectation for which I spend so much time thinking about or wishing for. May I relearn your truth, “ . . .seek ye first the kingdom of God and your righteousness and all these things will be added . . .” (Matt. 6:33) I’ve been taught to ask the question, “what’s in it for me?” While I should be asking, Lord what’s in it for you and your  kingdom? What is it you want to do in and through me, and may I be willing for follow you until you get me there.

Here Lord I open my heart with all of its wound before you, no longer hiding or pretending It didn’t happen, it didn’t hurt and I’m not broken or wounded because of what’s happened. You know the truth all too well. I ask for your forgiveness for my personal prejudices and pride because of who am I, where I was born or even the privilege I was born with. I take so much for granted, so even here I need you. Thank you for help you know (and knew) I needed, even when i didn’t. You loved me when I was unlovable, unwilling to love or to accept love.

So here I am Lord, at the start of a new week, I have my schedule and my plan for what I want to accomplish, but I’m open for you to move in and do your best work in and around me. I give you permission, to arrange things just the way you want them; forgive me when I say, ouch! and attempt to change your mind even in prayer. Come Holy Spirit, come, I and we need you here not just near.

Remember our young people during these summer months, protect them by focusing their minds and hearts toward yourself; remember our seniors, who often seem to be forgotten and alone; may both of these groups of people find a place for each other and together become a blessing to each other.

I love you Abba, but you started this, you turned your heart toward me first; I am honored to be called your son and servant; a child of the King, I love you High king of heaven. Amen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment