Monday, March 14, 2011

Praying with you on Monday . . .

Father, as we begin another week, I ask for your help as we face the difficult and the unknown. We who love you and feel called to serve you and your people too often find ourselves feeling alone, empty and yes, abandoned. We work alone, pray alone, study alone, and sometimes wonder where is your voice in the silence.

What’s that you say, “. . . fear not, I Am with you.” I didn’t hear those words this morning at 3 A.M. when sleep ran from me like a sprinter. I didn’t ‘feel’ your presence as I struggled to find rest  and could not. Yet, you speak even now, “I Am with you.” Then why am I so lonely at times? I thanks you for your reassurance now as I pray, comfort the hearts of these dear ones, who trust only in your merit. The words of one of my dear fathers in the Gospel, ring again in my ears as if he sang these words only yesterday, “In shady green pastures so rich and so sweet, God leads his dear children along. . . . Some through the waters, some through the floods, some through fire, but all through the blood.” Thank you for being here, now in this moment, you hold my hand when I could not see it or even feel it. You hold my heart and life in your hand as precious to you as they are to me.

Loving you is worshipping you and worshipping you is loving you, Each moment, each step I take, you are there; you go before me, but stay with me in this troubling present. And even in the days, when I see blue skies and gentle breezes you remind me, “I’m here, ever near you. Thank you!

So bless this week ahead, each new minute, and hour, until the hands of clock stand still for me and I meet you face to face, and remind me, I was there all the time. There is no challenge I face alone, not hatred thrown my way, no denial of your gifting in my life, that you won’t right, just at that correct moment. You reward is certain, and absolute, you cannot lie or fail, not for me or anyone of us. You are God alone, and I love you for yourself, not just what you do for me but for who you are. I love you Jesus. Thank you for your caring presence, back there, right here and wherever I am forever.

Strengthen by your abiding presence In the strong Name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment