Monday, March 28, 2011

Praying with you on Monday . . .

Father I thank you today for burdens that come with your calling. For the struggle that draws me closer to you; yes, and even the pain that comes with it. Lord, when you walked among us, you did not avoid the difficult, the unpleasant, you faced them by seeking the Father’s help and direction, help me as learn this lesson as well.

What I’m faced with is no different than yourself. You had to find the money to pay your taxes, why should I be different? You had nowhere to call your own home, but you did have a small group around you who loved you, even while they didn’t always (or often) understand you. Did you ever ask, why me, why now, why here? Perhaps you did in those mornings alone in prayer, but even then, when you came to us, you faced what had to be, with the strength of the Holy Spirit to do what must be done.

So now as we face a another week, may I (and we) sit alone in our office or room be comforted with your real presence; even when there is noise and rushing around outside our door or window, let your peace abide with us; or the gentle sound of the water fountain that often sound like laughter or tears; remind me, you’re saying to me, “I’m here, I’m near.” May someone stop by that will place their arm around these your sons and daughters and say, “I love you, He loves you.”

You called us to yourself that you might sent us out; now that we’re out, tell me again, that you are my shepherd, how does your rod and staff work again; thank you for that table, it must be just around the next corner; and those footsteps I hear behind me, must be goodness and mercy. Lord, there are moments when frankly, I’m unsure of myself, (Okay, Jesus, I’m SCARIED!) There I’ve said it! Grant grace for the sheep bites, and wounds from last week, and beyond. So, if you don’t mind, a little light for the cave, I’m hiding in, Thank you.

This prayer Lord, isn’t meant to sound pretty, and theologically correct, but from a real heart and real man. Trying to understand what you’re doing now, but being willing to follow your lead. I love you Jesus, but I know you love me more, a Lot more. Thanks for holding me tight. With thanksgiving for your abiding presence, in the STRONG Name of Jesus, Amen!

Love ya, T

No comments:

Post a Comment