Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Response to today's Devotional by R. T. Kendall

1 John 3:21

Father, thank you for a fresh reminder of my need to forgive. And it can’t be a forgiveness of my lips; it must be of my heart by your grace. I’m certain I’ve wounded others, without knowing it or meaning too. I am not a perfect person. I would like to be, but understand, as long as I am in this body in this world I won’t be perfect; yet you are perfecting me in your love, that I might demonstrate your love for others.

There are a few relationships that seem hopeless and without to ability to repair. I can’t fix them, but I can give them over to you and ask you to forgive me for my part in the breakdown. I can confuse people, (you did), which causes a withdrawal, anger and frustration. Others forget that I too am a forgiven sinner, with the power to “go off half cocked,” and go in the wrong direction. But where I have the power, I can repent, trust you, obey your correcting command, and walk with you in the light of your love and teaching.

Jesus, that I might have an experience with you that goes beyond knowledge and/or information, an experience of your love and forgiveness, that enables me to do the same for others.

Here Lord, is my wounded heart, broken in a million pieces, by acts and the words of others, who believe they were right in or about a situation; and here is my sin against them as well. You who has died for us both, and all; I present myself to you. I thank you for your Spirit which forgives, saves and restores me with the Father; I thank you for your forgiving spirit, poured over and into me. I may never be forgiven by them, but when we meet again before your throne, we will embrace each other and weep because of the grace and forgiveness we both where shown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment