Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thank you for your concern

First, allow me to thank you for your love and concern, I’ve have so blessed to hear from you. I am back to work and spent at yesterday at ATS working with the Capstone Project, (a program for graduating M.D. students.)

I have had additional testing done, and will be meeting with my physician this week to discuss next steps. With Barbara’s and my families help I am changing my eating habits, drinking a great deal of water, (Yuck! SMILE!) As you might notice, I’m spending my evenings and weekends away from the office.

My weekly prayer time with you today begins with a devotional I read on Sunday morning, I will conclude in prayer.


Sunday, 10 April 2011 12:00 AM EDT R.T. Kendall Daily Devotionals -

Afterward, David was conscience-stricken for having cut off a corner of his robe. 1 Samuel 24:5

When you know that a person is obsessed with you and is out to discredit you, you are very, very blessed indeed. This doesn't happen to everyone. You are chosen, for behind your enemy is the hand of God. God has raised up your enemy—possibly just for you! King Saul's pursuit of David was the best thing that could have happened to David at the time. God did David a very special favor: he raised up Saul to keep him on his toes, to teach him to be sensitive to the Spirit (1 Sam. 24:5), and to teach him total forgiveness. Saul was David's passport to a greater anointing.

When you totally forgive your enemy, you have crossed over into a supernatural realm. Perhaps you are like me and wish you could excel in all the gifts of the Spirit; you wish you could have a hand in signs and wonders; you'd love to see your usefulness intensified and extended by a double anointing. The gifts are supernatural; that is, they are above and beyond the natural order of things. There is no natural explanation for the truly miraculous. But if you and I totally forgive someone who is truly an enemy, believe me, we have just crossed over into the realm of the supernatural.

I believe this is the highest level of spirituality that exists. This is as good as it gets. Totally forgiving an enemy is as spectacular as any miracle. No one may even know, though. You quietly intercede for them in solitude. Only God, the angels, and the devil know.

You and I can do something exceedingly rare: forgive an enemy (if we have one). Loving an enemy defies natural explanation.

It begins with having sufficient motivation. I am literally seeking to motivate you in these lines to do what very few do—but which all can do: totally forgive anyone who has hurt you. And the blessing is beyond words to describe.

Excerpted from Total Forgiveness (Charisma House, 2002).

Father,  I thank you for my enemies. You have a purpose for both of us. I thank you for choosing me for this ‘blessing.’ You are behind where I am and where I’ve been. You have had your hand in every phase of my life. Certainly they have kept me on my toes. You are working all things for your purpose, even that which I can’t see or make sense of. Because of your work through my enemy I am becoming more sensitive to your Spirit. I thank you for this passport to our next and greater anointing.

Help me as I extend to these that have wounded and hurt me, you love and grace, even when they don’t know about it or want it if they did. So I thank you for your supernatural gifting in my life, yet to brought out, because of what you know is best for me. I need your grace to forgive as I have been forgiven, even by those who could (or should extend it) but won’t. You loved me when I didn’t deserve it, you expect me to extend the same grace the those who like myself don’t deserve it. Jesus, I complain, I can’t! Your response to me, I know, that’s why I’ve given you MY Spirit, “and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens (enables) me.” Yes, Lord, AMEN. So, I thank you for stepping over into the supernatural. One perhaps I don’t ‘see or sense,’ but I know now where I am, moving and becoming more and more like yourself.

I ask you to bless them, these my enemies for your purpose where they created, and for my devolvement you allow them to go just so far and no further. The wounds are deep and deeply felt; this is where you pour in the oil and wine of your healing, that I may be the means of healing for others. Pour out your riches blessings upon them, their families, businesses, ministries and lives; bring healing to their wounds; they are your anointed, I dare not touch them.

Come now Holy Spirit and do your best work in me and these, because we are both and all your children. This I pray in the Strong name of Jesus, Amen.

Love ya,
T.A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment