Thursday, July 14, 2011

Honoring God's Name - R. T. Kendall

"I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. 2 Corinthians 11:2

I do not make new Year's resolutions as such, but every year the first thing I write in my diary, on January 1, will be something with reference to my prayer for the coming year.

When I was preparing to write the book meekness and Majesty,these were my words: "A jealousy for God's name." Jealousy is the sin nobody talks about, and it is most certainly the sin which nobody admits. yet how it crops up!

having a jealousy for god's name however, will change our perspective. If I revere the name of Jesus, I will prefer the honor of one who gift is exalted. What I will not do is to say, "I've got a gift that is better than his, i don't know why they don't use me." If I honor His name, I will prefer the honor of the one whose gift is needed and whom God selects. God may select someone inferior to you, but if that is the way He chooses to honor His name, then you should honor it, because He must be doing it right; He i=has His reasons for it.

When we truly honor the name of Jesus, we will feel what God feels. We will hurt when he is hurt, and we will want only the honor of His name in the earth. We will say, "God, take me away, make me nothing, that your name may be honored."

When we have this, we will begin to restore the honor of Jesus' name in the church and in the world.
(Excerted from Meekness and Majesty (Christian Focus Publications ltd., 1992, 2000)

My response:
Father, here I am again, reading just one simple verse of your word which brings me correction. I have a jealous spirit, i want not only my due, "but that they who being used and aren't me. I desire that place or position." I easily forget this is your work and ministry, you are doing what you know is best. If they are "on stage" at the moment, its because that is what you want. I thanks you for being called by your name, for just being your child.

Ii need your help with my own heart, thinking and yes, desires. Jealousy is like a weed or vine, it seems to grow around other plants, often choking the life from them. they disguise themselves with lovely greenery, but they are a weed, so is jealousy. Help me to see it for what it is, sin. Just because you have blessed (or given) someone to have this or that, (they on the other hand may not think of it as a blessing or gift,) I because I don't have it become Jealous of them and, it. They might be willing for me or others to have it, if they could only give it away,

Jesus, I know the price you paid to free me and the world from sin, but I don't know the price my brother has paid to be or in the place they have or are. Help me to honor these you have are using; help me to honor your gift and gifting in them. help me to honor you were i am, with what i have; grant that I become happy with all of the gifts and blessings i possess now. may i learn that what you've given is enough, and if I had more, I'd waste it and become selfish.

Jesus, I need you; I need you to help me enjoy where and what I am; for seeing myself as you created me and not as I wish i were. i thank you for what and who you made me to be ans become. Jesus, help me put "the old man" along with jealousy to death, beginning now, today. May I embrace my brother ans sisters
gift(s) gifting and life as my own. In Jesus name, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment