Monday, December 5, 2011

Praying together on Monday 12/5/11

Abba, I bless you today just for being God. I thank you for all of your gifts and mercies you have shown me over my life. I thank you for being you son and child; for loving me when I didn’t know you or serving you. Thank you for forgiving my sin because of Christ’s sacrifice for me. Thank you for life and role you have giving me to play in it. Thank you for those who love me and yes, even those who don’t or won’t.

By your grace help me to love beyond my ability, to share with what I have, because you have provided me with everything I need. Help me to trust you as I open my heart and my hands to those who need what I have. May I not hold on to what I have as if this is all I have. You are
 my resource; not my job, the boss or the bank. Help me as I trust you in the face of impossible odds, obstacles, etc.; allow me to see your face rather than defeat, failure or unrest.

I am yours, by your choice, I didn’t choose you; you chose me and have promised you would never leave nor forsake me; this is your promise being fulfilled in my life. So Lord, do what you must, that I cannot; do what pleases you as you wish. Come now and quiet my troubled spirit and fear that attempt to overwhelm me. Hold my hand Abba, hold it tightly yet gently as I walk with you. Lead on to that place of promise, Oh that I knew where it was. What’s that you say Abba, “…follow me…” Yes, Lord, but where? No more questions, ‘follow me!” Thank you for your leading, direction and hope. May I take hold on Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I thank you for being present in this moment, You’re here and now. Not in some far off moment in time. You’re here not only because I need you, but because you care for me and about me. THANK YOU! I don’t struggle alone, you are here; I am not alone, you are here; my future isn’t uncertain, you have control of every moment of my life; I am cared for by Him who loves the world and sent His own son for not only the world, but for me as a part of it. THANK YOU for loving me; not only as I am, but as you know, as I allow you to work your will in me, for your glory and purpose.

I don’t understand why you permit the things that hurt me, but knowing you’re here, now is comfort, strength and courage to take the next step, in your name! AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment