Monday, November 28, 2011

Praying together on Monday 11/28/11

Abba, I thank you for your protection as we travelled this weekend. I thank you for the chance to visit with family and friends, for renewing old friendships. Thank you for a moment in time, where we remembered your goodness and mercies.

As we approach a new week, I ask for your help to focus on what is important and not just the urgent.  How easy is it to get busy and overlook my time with you and the study of your Word. My mind can become cluttered with so much junk, garbage, etc., that I can’t see or hear your voice. You come so often gently and quietly that I don’t (or can’t) hear you, forgive me there.

As we enter the Advent session of the year, the rush and schedule can become overwhelming, may I not forget, ‘Jesus is the reason for the Season.’ Lord, it’s “cyber-Monday,” may I ask myself the question, “so what?” The world is telling me the rush is on, may I ask, “too where and why?” May I seek you as the shepherds and ultimately “the wise men” did; may I make room for you in my schedule and a place within heart to speak to me; long before I must speak to your people.

Jesus, after your birth you grew, I ask that I may grow as well. “…in favor with God and man…” Man, sadly will be harder to please then yourself, I’m sure.  May I seek to please you and not perform for the world to watch, no matter how well the work is being done.  As I labor to construct the best sermon, teaching and seek the illustration that makes the right point and provides impact to my thoughts, may they become you thoughts, your life giving truth which brings hope to those most in need of it.  

Forgive me for trying to do too much and for taking too much on. My I learn balance. I thank you for passion, but may it be tempered with grace and patience. You’re the leader, others are watching and I am wondering, “…what would you have me do now? They are watching???” I thank you for a peace in the middle of my storm; for a confidence that comes not from myself and my plans, or for that matter my preparation, but from having spent time alone with you and following your direction.

So here I am Abba, just your kid, waiting (not always calmly) for your next move; Come Holy Spirit, do your best work, in Jesus name, I thank you, AMEN!!!

Love ya, 
T.A.B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment