Monday, February 13, 2012

Praying Together on Monday - 2/13/2012

Abba, 

I thank you today for being your valentine, the love of your life; the for whom Jesus gave His life. Cards from loved one mean so much, and yet they don't compare with the gift of your very life for me. I look at myself now in a new way, You're helping me to understand just how much you love me, THANK YOU! 

You created roses and flowers of all kind so that I might understand how much you love us. Their beauty in a vase or along a road side, why even a crack in the pavement are beautiful to behold. If I could gather all of them in one basket and present it to you, they would never be enough to tell you how much I love you for your great grace to someone as flawed and broken as I. You love me through the dark days of loneliness and sadness; while I mourn the illness and death of loved one, you are there to stand with me and whisper, "I love you both." You held me close and dried my tears, when those who cared were gone. When I was sick, you comforted me and gave me hope for living; while serving somewhere that seemed so much of a struggle I wondered why you called me; when resources ran low, someone offered a 'little' help or just a word and because of it, Ii stood another day, Thank you! Your heart bleeds for us as we struggle or walk alone, thanks for being there. 

I pray for these and others who only hope is in yourself. Forgive us for taking you for granted and forgive us for our anger; for your help with those things and people I can't fix, Grant me comfort in those broken relationships and those who keep me at a distance. You know me, my heart. I want too love as you do, but some make it hard, love them through others because we both need it so much. 

Abba, if my heart breaks at times, I can't begin to know how much does yours. You are God and you love us who don't deserve it, we've sinned against you so greatly, and yet you stand ready to forgive, heal us and being us to a place you want for us.  

THANK YOU FOR BEING MY Valentine! AMEN!

Love ya,
T.A.B., 

No comments:

Post a Comment