Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Praying Together on Monday - 11/26/2012

Abba, today I thank you for your call upon the life you gave. All that I am have or will be is your gift to me. I offer this to you again, as we begin this the most challenging and demanding time of year, Advent.

First, Thank you for your desire to redeem us, when I think of what choices you had but chose to redeem us, I continue to be amazed that you would go to such lengths to save a fallen creation. Thank you for the babe of Bethlehem, but it isn't Your birth that saves, but Calvary and your death upon it, that redeems us.

Our schedules are filling up or are already full of appointments, worship services, etc., which stain our resources to the limits of our endurance. May I find time each day to seek you out, and spend time alone with you. I need you not only to preach, teach and lead, but so that I continue to be connected to you. Thank you for all the materials, resources, books, etc., I have to ‘get me ready,’ but more than any of these I need you! More than the ability to speak, teach and yes, write, I need a fresh relationship with you. So breath into me, pour your Spirit into this now empty vessel, that you chose to be the means of refreshing to a thirsty and hungry world. Even while we don’t know our own need, somehow, there are those who just like me, need you.
I’m no different than they, we are all in need of yourself. Especially in days like this.

Grant us peace, as we face not only today, but this and the weeks that follow. Thank you for the privilege you provide many of us who live and/or work among “the least of these.” Many of us are faced with not only the challenges of limited resources, but for those who have almost given up hoping and trying for a better life, and which makes this season of ‘giving’ so limiting. Help us, your servants to be salt and light in times of shortage, reduced funding, and limited resources. You are and have always been the source of provision, may we trust you and frankly, embrace you for the needs that are so real.

Thank you for enough. Like the widow of 1 Kings 17, what i don’t have is only matched by what you have. Thank you! Somehow may we see you in what little or even in the abundance. You are our source and supply, may I trust you with what we have and that which we don’t. Thank you for just enough for you to get the glory.

Comfort the hearts of these my brothers and sisters, that you continue to care not only about them, but that you stand with them, and you’re not far off. Thank you for strength for where I am, and for where we (you and I) are going. May my life be an example of a daily living, and vibrant faith, in the middle of hopeless and godless times and places.

Thank you for being yours! For what purpose I can’t always be sure, but I am by your choice, not even my own. I continue to believe to ‘ . . . see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.’ THANK YOU FOR HELP, HOPE AND VICTORY!!! In Jesus name I pray, AMEN!!!


Love ya, T.A.B.

"Ubuntu"




No comments:

Post a Comment