Monday, November 14, 2011

Praying together on Monday November 14

Abba,
I thank you for life itself, life in you. As I look back, I thank you for your protection from dangers seen, (the auto accident of last Tuesday) and those unseen, (perhaps you tell me about those when we’re together in eternity.) I thank you for your assurance of your love for me and how much you care for me. Some might think this is selfishness, but I needed to know that “you are the God who sees me.” Thank you for reminding me, cars can be replaced, but you’re not done with me and other like me, just yet. You have a purpose for us, may we continue to seek you, listen to you and trust you for what is your pleasure in us.

Lord, we’ve planned or will be planning our week in the next few hours, all the while knowing there will challenges, unplanned interruptions, and perhaps mood swings that what to throw us off, help me to lean into you, remembering you are not surprised by what just happened.

Prepare my heart for ministry, even if it only to those closest to me, how easy it is to look beyond my own household to see ministry. Jesus, it’s okay to mess with my schedule, I need you doing that every now and then, it reminds me who is in charge of my day and my life.  If I say my life is yours, then you have every right to do what you want, help me to breathe and accept your direction and what I can’t see as a blessing.

Help with the delays of my life, the disappointments and yes, even disillusionment, maybe that wasn’t what you wanted, even as I wanted “it” so very much. Bless me to learn how to enjoy ‘this moment’ with you. I thank you for the release of those things which I want so badly and you know…; I thank you for rest during this week’s journey as well, you know I will need it but won’t make time for it; and for laughter in an unexpected moment.  

Come Holy Spirit, I rest in you now, may there be moment of joy and refreshing, inspiration and direction; a calm in a sea of storms, at home, with the staff, fellow workers and yes, even management. You are present, not only in this moment, but for those to come, I thank you for being God, not only in the circumstances, but of my very life. I love you Jesus, not only for what you do, but for who you are!

I thank you for your blessing on this week and its work, and privilege you’ve given me to be your son and your servant, in Jesus Great Name I pray, AMEN!

-- 
T.A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment