Monday, March 19, 2012

Praying Together on Monday 3/19/2012

Abba,

I honor you today for your loving kindness to me and all of your children. I know I don’t deserve such mercy, but you see to it that I am aware of it. Forgive me for operating from my feelings, they to can lie about who and what I am.

I pray for these who lives have touched mine, many briefly and but for a moment and others who have known me and have loved me for a longer time. They too have shown me a love and grace I don’t (or think) I deserve, but I thank for them and their love as well.

For the newer members of your extended family to me, I pray you will strengthen their commitment to you and give them those who will embrace them both near and far. Somehow allow them to understand how much they are loved by the Father and those who cross their paths as well. We are close to so few, unknown to so many, we’ve learned to trust just a few, because we have been hurt by so many. May they be loved in ways and places they never expected; embraced without question and cared for because they are yours.

I thank you for bring about a sense of being a part of something far greater than any of us know or understand. You brought together, while we live far apart. We rarely talk unless there is something we or they need or want. Our society teaches us, not to get too close for fear of being burned, or known and without understanding. Lord, if you had taken that approach we’d not be redeemed. I may not be worthy of such love, but that didn’t stop you from loving me and us. I honor you for your faithfulness, caring and concern; for daring to come close and abiding with us.

Bless the work of these heads, hands and heart this week. May each of us come to the end of our day, and sit and thank you for you have accomplished though us. May we celebrate what you are doing in your body the church and that through people just like us.

I love you Abba, with thanksgiving in Christ Holy Name I pray, AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment