Monday, March 5, 2012

Praying Together on Monday - 3/5/2012

Abba, I thank you for loving me, just because I am your child. Not because of what I do or how well I do it, your Love for me isn’t based upon my performance or keep of some rules, it it entirely because of your love for me.

Why is it you love me? What is it about me that causes you to remind me, of your love? I look at myself and think of my failures, and frankly how broken I am, and those around me as well. I’m often angry and frustrated by so very much. The difference between the haves and have not’s; the sinful nature of our society and how we are willing to celebrate it. The wickedness of my own heart amazes me. And yet, you call to to yourself to let me know, I love you!

I don’t get it, know it and accepting it are two entirely different things. Everything I know about you tells me I should never stand before you in anything other than condemnation and wait for my eternal ‘reward.’ But by the blood of Christ, shed for me simply trusting you be faith in your finished work, I am a new creation and empowered by you Holy Spirit I’m walking not because of how good I am, or deserving I am, you have poured out your love like the waters of Victoria falls in Africa, so underserved and with such abundance I can’t take it in.

“Lord, I’m amazed by you, how you love me,” isn’t the words of a great song, but a fact in my life, THANK YOU!

As I walk into this new week, with all of its challenges, and my tenancy to so easily forget, nothing that I do will affect you love for me, You just won’t change you mind. When I’m over-looked, abandoned, forgotten, or even maligned; taken for granted and yes, under appreciated by so many, for whatever reason. When I want to serve you by investing in the lives of others and I’m told, not now, not just yet, give it time… the pain I feel, and you remind me, “I see you!” When I drift into self-pity and anxiety, may I see you welcoming arms and hear your loving voice, ‘…come here my dearest one.” May I feel the strength of your strong arms about me, protecting my most tender emotions and overwhelming me with a grace I know I don’t deserve, what’s that Lord? I don’t care about your thoughts of failure and defeat; I am you your victory, because even when you think all is lost, I have just begun to wage war on and in your situation.

Jesus, I thank you for loving me. Not the me, some think I am, nor the me I wish I were, but the real and often lonely me, who struggles to go another day to proclaim, “He is Risen! and is alive in me at the top of my lungs, to the Glory of our God, in the Kingdom of this world. Jesus, you are Lord and you love me. AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment