Monday, April 9, 2012

THANK YOU!!! 4/9/2012

Abba, I thank you for the prayers of your children for Barbara and our family during the past week. We were able to get through it, I believe because of their prayers and your honoring their request for us. I thank you for each and every one of them. 

It proves again the value of words of blessing spoken over each of us in times of struggle, loneliness and pain. We all have these times, fortunately they are but a few compared with your greater blessings. I pray you will bless them not because they prayed or sent an e-mail and cards, but because they dared to honor, believe and trust your Word, " ... pray one for another, love one another." 

So today, I pray for these who love you. We may not know each other well, but because we are you children, we are related. Distance keeps us apart, and because we don't know the struggles, difficulties and challenges we each face, sometime, I (we) think no one cares, or I'd rather not brother them with 'my problem's).' And even if they knew, why would they care or what would they do? Oh, dear Father, comfort and give rest to our troubled minds. No matter the problem, the 'whatever ...,' You are BIGGER than it or they or them. Thank you for being present, for sitting or walking with me. 

Most of these men and women are involved in some form or type of 'ministry,' they are my fellow laborers, and I'm praying for them on the day after one of the two 'biggest' day on the Christian calendar. Much of which they hoped for didn't happen, and they (and I) blame myself. Someone is thinking or planning to resign as a result of what 'think' was a failure or defeat, Oh come Holy Spirit and gently but firmly encourage that heart. May they put their pen or keyboard down and not write or submit a resignation letter or communication because of what they think was a 'failure,’ yesterday or even recently. Give them courage as the secretly cry out, ‘WHAT’S THE USE. Where are the results???’ 

Bless their families to sense your love for them as well; for those who are sick or caring for s sick or disabled family member grant a rest bit for even a brief time. Jesus, we need you now, in this present moment. 

For that one, who sits before a blank piece of paper or an empty computer screen and not know what if anything they can place into or on a manuscript, I pray for inspiration so profound and powerful they become thankful when the work is done to their surprise. THANK YOU for all of your gifts, and the gift you have created them to be, yes, even when they question their own worth. Come Holy Spirit do your best work and thank you for the surprises we become aware of as we journey with you. I thank you for the reminder that I am yours. Use me (us) as you will, because that is your pleasure. We love you Jesus, with thanksgiving for your life giving sacrifice, AMEN!!!

-- 
T.A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment