Monday, August 27, 2012

Praying Together on Monday - 8/27/2012

Abba, Today I pray for those of who are called to lead as pastors, youth leaders, lay workers, Christian educators, etc., and have losted loved ones. We too mourn and cry, but are all too often forgotten once the services and dinner are over. We are expected to back to work as if nothing happen. There are the ‘feeling’ that are often unspoken, some don’t allow us to grieve the lost, but to ‘get back at it.’

Bless us to be willing to ‘bear one anothers burden, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” (Gal. 6:2) Thank you Lord for being so near to them, may I join you with them as well. Forgive me for becoming so busy with my own life, I forget to call, write, or ‘check in,’ with a brother or sister and fellow-laborer. Lord, I didn’t mean to get so caught up in my own life that forget there are others, just like me, with great personal pain, struggle and difficulties they don’t want to share with but those closest (if they dare) to them.

Lord, we do what we must, because that is who we are and are called to do, may they be blessed to find someone near, yes, even it is only via email, facebook or skype, etc. Somehow will you help me peel back the layers of my pride, my wounds and suffering to be allowed to share my heart and know that the ‘secrets’ I dare share with a few, stays there, and will never to shared with anyone. I’ve been forced to ‘cover’ my pain and sorrow because of the loss of a loved one, a relationship(s) or a friendship(s), because I don’t dare allow anyone to know my pain.

Oh loving Jesus, thank you for bearing with me (us) as I struggle. Thank you for an Aaron and a Hur to stand with me as I fight my own spiritual and personal battle(s). Bless those of us who must go to the next hospital and/or nursing home visit; preside over the next funeral as if NOTHING has happened in our own lives. Lord, you didn’t make us Superman (or woman), I am so very human, especially now. Come Holy Spirit, I (we) need you now more than ever.  I thank you for your love and mercy; your strength in these time of weakness, struggle and trial, Thank you for being presence in my past, my present and my (our) future.

As I face the emptiness of the moment, the quiet silence when my personal tears flow and there is no one but yourself to know, thank you for being so very presence I know I’m not really alone.

A Benediction

"Then the Lord spoke to Moses saying, 'Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, "Thus you shall bless the sons of Israel. You shall say to them:

The Lord bless you, and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine on you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace."'

In you going out and in your coming in;
In your lying down and in your rising up;
In your labor and in your leisure,
In your laughter and in your tears,
until we stand before jesus,
In that day when there shall be neither
darkness nor dawning,
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment