Monday, October 15, 2012

Praying together on Monday 10/15/2012

Abba, Today I thank you for your love for us, as imperfect as we are. You have have shown your love for us, by allowing us to make major and foolish mistakes, error and yes, even sin but choosing not to destroy us and starting over; but by creating a means of salvation and restoration to yourself by Christ Jesus. THANK YOU!

I thank you for your compassionate understanding and grace for us, may I by the power of the Holy Spirit live out this same grace to those around me. As we begin our week, I pray for your guidance and direction, you’re leading not only the big decisions but the details of our daily lives as well. It is often here that I forget to consult you and ask for your direction.

Grant me a heart of compassion not only for those ‘overseas,’ but those who are near to me as well, they too are hurting and often I don’t know or care because I’ve been too busy caring about myself and my own interest than listening to your Spirit. Forgive me in my ‘rushing around,’ being ‘busy,’ doing, and being.

Thank you for your compassionate heart for those just like me, we’ve walked the streets of our cities, towns and villages, without looking at or seeing each other; “ . . .I don’t have time . . .” what are they too me? If you, as God could and did care for me, and us, what’s are your expectations for us? Compassion and caring does not mean being able to writing a check or giving away our ‘old clothes, etc., When do I start caring for those who are not only like me, but those who are not? Here Lord, (for that is what you are,) I’m called to be ‘you’ to the world, and not just my world, and those around me, but to the wider world. Jesus, I need you so very much, I don’t always understand why you deal with me as you do, but here we are, just you and me, Come Holy Spirit and make sense of this life you’ve given, and work in me as you will.

Bless these my brothers and sisters who struggle with questions for which they have no answers; situations they can’t fix or correct; people who drive them to distraction and cause us pain. The little annoyances that drive me crazy. Give me (us) your Spirit to deal with everyday life, not just the supernatural and miraculous. It is here I need you the most.

I thank you for those who read this prayer, may it become their own, I need you as much as any other. This day and week will not be anything like what it could be without you. Walk with me, “ . . . Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to thee . . . “ In the Strong Name of Jesus I pray, AMEN!!!

Love ya,
T.A.B.

“Ubuntu”   

No comments:

Post a Comment