Monday, October 8, 2012

Praying Together On Monday October 8, 2012

Abba, today I begin with a thank you for your call to me, “Come to me . . .” Matthew 11:28. This is a call not to do but to be. Your call as if there were no one else but to me, “Come to me . . . “

Abba, forgive my selfish needs, consuming desires and all too often wanton driving passions to be, which have nothing to do with your call, “Come to me . . .” I thank you this call is not as if I am some animal or pet , but as your own child, one you gave birth to and have a desire and purpose for. You call because you wish to, there is something you both see and know that you want not only for me to do, but to be and become. May I trust you in this and every moment that follows to reach out to you as you call and “Lord here am I send me . . .”

Perhaps you may want me to respond by simply “stand still and see . . .” oh may I have you grace to do nothing more. I am so busy trying to ‘get something done,” I forget, I need to hear what it is you want before I go rushing off to get ‘it” done. Jesus I live in a culture not know for standing, let alone standing still for very long, so I confess a great need to not only believe you but learning how to trust you and that even as it seems nothing is happening, you are on the move. THANK YOU!

I confess my arrogance, anger, frustration and regret that I haven’t accomplished what I wanted to do or get done for you and the Kingdom. Never thinking that might not have been your plan or purpose at all or ever. Forgive me for thinking less of myself then I should all the while wish I were more than I should as well. Pretty confused aren't I Jesus, well, Lord as we say, “that’s how I roll . . .” Here Lord, I present what I am and have to you, for the purpose I don’t understand. I can’t figure or ‘sort out’ my own life to say nothing of your great and master plan for time, ow foolish I’ve been, but thank you for loving me through the dark and lonely times of my (really our) life together.

Come Lord Jesus, thank you for your call. Slow me do Jesus, I’m so busy trying to be and do I’ve left you not only standing at the ‘bus stop,’ but completely out of my plans and life. Without meaning to I’ve accused you of forgetting me and my need(s), of overlooking where I serve, or even remembering me, Oh how foolish I've been, and all the while you have been saying, “Come to me . . .”

So here I am Lord God and Abba, crying at your feet, I’m tired, of trying to this alone, and frustrated with my own and the failures of others so much like me, here I may I respond to you clear voice today, and say, “I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell among of people of unclean lips, . . .” Thank you for cleansing and empowering call, “ . . . who can I send, and who will go for us . . . “ Lord, here am I send me! But first I must listen for your voice saying, “Come to me . . .” AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment