Monday, January 23, 2012

Praying Together on Monday 1/23/2012

Abba, 

Today i begin with thanksgiving for the love you have shown me, Oh yes, I bless you for all of the gifts and blessings you have allowed to bless me and our lives, but today, I thank you for the love you have shown me. A love that was and is undeserved, nor earned, you have have shown me what love is. Jesus you gave yourself, without reservation, you died for those like myself who didn't and often don't deserve a love so great. 

There are things others have done to me and against me, why I don't now, and because of what you did for me, your love demands love, even to those who in my mind least deserve it. I can't do this alone or of myself, frankly there are moments when I say, "I don't want too!" And there stands your love again, staring me in the face, with a look of compassion so great, I'm almost wounded by it (who am I kidding.) Jesus you know me, so help me here where I stand. Loving is easy when it's you doing it, so help me here, now in this moment, because I need what you are and offer. 

Remember these my loved one, (yes, and those who aren't so lovely as well,) these who you called me to serve and yes, even in places I'd rather not be. forgive me for wanting where or what I cannot be (or perhaps should not be.) Grant me grace to love my here and now, too embrace what you've given and even that which you have withheld. I'm yours, not be right or how good I've been, (that's a joke!) Lord, I've been everything and every bit of what I should not have been, you know me, and yet you love me, provide for me make ways for me, why you even make friends for me. Before facebook you declared yourself my friend, when others failed me or let me down, you stood strong by and for me. THANK YOU! How little that seems in the grand scheme of things, but THANK YOU!!!

Bless I pray this week that lies ahead, with it dark alleys, and questions about the future. You know what your doing, and you've promised never to leave me or forsake me, so I thank you for being the God how holds my and and my heart; a friend and brother, but even more than these you are my God, who cares for everything that touches my life. thanks for being here, for walking with me through he valley of the shadow of death, and whispers, "fear no evil," I am with you. I love you Abba, but just like when we were kids, we'd say "... he started it!" Lord, you sure did! Thanks, in Jesus great name I pray, AMEN!!! 

--
T.A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment