Monday, January 30, 2012

Praying Together on Monday - 12/30/12

Abba, 

I thank you today for these my brothers and sisters your children and servants. I pray today for them as you called them to serve your sheep and Kingdom. What an awesome responsibility and privilege. An so often the weight of what I and they are called to do seems not only weighty, but frankly heavy. Sometimes, too heavy. Yet you said "... come unto me for yoke is easy and my burden is light." Why then does this seem upside down? I pray for them, because they are yours. You who called us, commissioned us and sent us out in the power of your Holy Spirit. 

Be their comfort and hope, may they in this moment remember how much we are yours. Grant them at least one brother or sister who will walk the journey with them, and until they find them bless their walk With strength enough for just today. With all of those we serve, how few understand what we do or how we do it. You called us to be leaders; you equipped us for it and you continue to do it; yet those behind us can't see you as clearly as we do, Frankly, there are moment so uncertainty in my own life; not I would not admit it, for fear there are those who would think me weak. Come Holy Spirit, be near to my wounded and broken heart; which aches to have you heal the wounds I feel. You bear them, but I often feel them.

Bless this lonely place, or so it seems; you are near, even now. THANK YOU! Today, I start again to prepare for another week of service, visitation, planning and execution of the work I am called to do. Be fully present Lord, sit with me as I stare another blank piece of paper or computer screen; as I search the Legionary or study guide for a word that goes beyond the surface. Create within me, your direction for the work which others don't seem to get or willing to take up. 

I thank you for help, hope and yes, healing. Help not only for me, but those with whom I work; hope for our community of faith and where we are called to serve; healing, for those who are broken and yes, even myself because so few see or know my wounds. Here Lord I present us before you, so that you may complete the work you began. For the frustration that comes from not seeing the kinds of results I want in what you called me to do.  

Jesus you are the victory, our victory, yes my victory. May I be satisfied with you, and not just in what I do. Results are up to you, help us to rest in you and when and how you do it. Thank you for making  me your own and calling us to be your Sons and Servants. Thank you for your presence, here, how and forever, thank you for your blessings, those I see and those I can't see, feel or sense. You're here and you are with me, Thank you, seems like so little for all you've done, doing and about to do. 

In your own Name I pray, AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment