Monday, January 16, 2012

Praying Together on Monday 1/9/12

Since Crossing Paths with you

Abba, today I thank you for these my brothers and sisters, whom you have allowed me to cross paths with. Most of them I didn’t know before we met along this path we call ‘life.’ They came from places I didn’t know existed, our lives are so different and varied, yet each of them have impacted me in ways I could not have seen or understood. THANK YOU for them.

Some of them embraced me, and some even now wonder … but you won’t let me get away from them, for reasons I don’t and perhaps will never understand. Each of you is a blessing in some way, even I don’t understand; God has used you to be a person I care for and about. Why, just because you are His! We are both a part of His family and as a result we find a member who’s shall we say, ‘different’ from all of the others, perhaps that what I am, but Father I thank you for each of these are made, no matter how different we are.

I thank you for them, even in the silence or absence from each other. They each have a responsibility or calling which drives them, often we don’t know why. We are pulled in different directions and if it weren’t for the urging of your Spirit we’d quit or stop and yes, go in a different direction. Jesus, this is all about you, so encourage them now, to keep going, even against the tide of the times in which we live. So many of us, would rather be doing something else, but you just won’t let us go, may we learn to say “I trust you,” and keep moving, in what we hope is forward.

Bless these your children and my brothers and sisters, some close in spirit, some at a distance; for those who struggle with their woundeness, their brokenness or just being alone, even while surrounded by others; for those who struggle with resources, while others struggle with limits, grant us a concern for each other that drives us to our knees to be intercessors for each others.

I pray that you will send those into their lives who will embrace them, even for a moment that they shall never forget. And for those who they do forget, may the blessing of that moment or time never be forgotten, even if I can’t remember who it was that you used to a blessing.  

Again, Abba, I thank you for their lives, mine won’t be the same without them, and what a blessing they have been. For that one word, spoken in my time of need, the prayer offered even when they didn’t know it was I who needed it. You allowed us to cross paths, even for a moment, and I am all the better for it; THANK YOU for each of them!

“…The Lord bless you, and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine on you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace."'

Numbers 6:24 - 26

No comments:

Post a Comment