Monday, July 9, 2012

Abba, today I pray for for those of us who have been called into your service. For those who labor in places where few if any know their name or the work they do.

For those whose heart ache for the forgotten, lonely and marginalized, the poor and “those people.” You know who they and we are. Not only do you know us, but you lived among us, labored with your hands, sweat over the work your earthly father taught you. You are no stranger to hard work and now we take up this our cross in your name.

Bless I pray these hearts, even as we labor among those who have power and infulance, but sometimes look the other way when needs present themselves and would cause even a minor inconvenience. Open our hearts not only for these, but for those like ourselves who do similar work but I don’t know them.

I thank you for those who have given themselves the foreign missions, they left the comfort of what they knew to share your love ‘over-seas.’ Yet now is heart turned to those who choice (of felt lead) to ‘stay home’ and bring the good news to hurting communities here at home. for those who create gardens in the inner-city, and share the produce with the community; for those who visit the homes of the elderly, sick and shut ins were often their own child don’t visit much. Thank you for those who hold the hand of someone who has told you the same story four times during your visit. For those who love you but must go to a job everyday and can’t do anything I just say, but wish and want too, I thank you! Bless them in their desire.    

I thank you for the place where I serve, it is your pleasure for the moment. forgive me because there are moments when i want to “get out or move on,” to some more productive field, your pleasure is here in this place and time, thank you. I struggle with why me, why here and why now? You know what you are working out in and around me, help me to learn to embrace where and what I am and you are making of me. For those who love and find no one to return it, help me to be blessed in the drawing of a young child, a paper flower, etc., these are often your reminders, you voice to me and us, “I Love YOU!” May I find joy and blessing until you bring that someone I long for into my life.

Jesus, I’m yours; even in my brokenness, in what I consider failure or lack of success, you are with me, You’ve never left me. May I trust you for the unseen outcome, the results you created of something I did that you led me into and I never saw the outcome. THANK YOU for loving me, for holding me and giving me courage to stand and fight on in Your name. I am not responsible for results, I am called be be your Son (Daughter) and Servant, the results are up to you.

I love you, my Savior, Lord and King, AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment