Monday, July 30, 2012

Praying Together on Monday - 7/30/2012

Abba, 

Today I thank you for redeeming me and calling me into your service. You could have done the first and not the second. You have given me more than I deserve or could have thought possible. Your blessings are overwhelming, THANK YOU.

I pray today for those of us who have called into a life of service, and find ourselves in places we never expected. We question why me, why here, why now. We wonder if I got it wrong, and yet we struggle to fight on, not with others, but so often we my (our) selves. I ask for your continued courage to keep moving in and at your direction. 

Forgive me because I fall victim to cult of now, the fashion of the moment, the desire to become, when all you really want is my heart. Jesus, I'm not a good listener, but the noise of this world (life) causes me to mistake activity for time alone with you. thank for these times, when it's just you and me. Help me shut out the busyness of my daily routine and find a place just for you and me.  Even now, come Lord Jesus, come. 

May I find peace in the place where you call me too, the work you given me, the people with whom I serve, my family. Thank you being near, not only in this moment, but every moment. Thank you for loving me, where I am, but you're always moving me ever closer and  near to yourself, I bless you in your own name, AMEN!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment