Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Recommendation

I’m sure almost every day you’re give another book to read, suggested to read, etc. Well here another one. I’m completing the book I mentioned in my ‘blog,’ or writings named; Anatomy Of The Soul- Curt Thompson, M.D.

Frankly, this has proven to be one of the most difficult books I’ve ever read. Many of my P.O.E. (Pastors of Excellence) friends will find this very insightful since we’ve had the benefit of Dr. Terry Wardle’s teaching and writing. For those of you who have no idea who Terry Wardle is or what I’m talking about, TRUST ME! Buy and read this book.

The author is a psychiatrist, but don’t let that stop you from reading what he written. I have been trying for the last few years to convey what God has been calling me to in my personal and ministerial life. As you read through the book, some of you will begin to understand what I’ve been trying to say and do. The body of Christ is a community as much as my body and mind is a community, and I want to and need to be known.

If you dare get a copy of this book and read it, (there have been times when I’ve had to put it down, and walk away from it.) Coming back and thinking, “I’m not psychiatrist, I don’t get or use or even understand this.” But I bought it and I wanted to finish the book. I am so very glad I kept reading! I think you will as well.

At some point, some of you will call or write me and ask if we can get together and discuss what we’ve read. I look forward to sitting together and discussing what we’ve found, (frankly that’s a suggestion in the book.) So, if you dare, GO FOR IT! I look forward to hearing from you. Tell me what you think.

Love ya,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment