Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Recommendation

The work a pastor (minister) can be and often is very lonely. Too often we pray alone, study alone. and work alone. Knowing that God is present is a comfort and strength, but frankly we more often then most of us would confess, we need an Aaron and Hur to stand with us (Ex. 17:12,) yes isolation, is often our only friend.

I ask you consider the benefits of The Shepherd's Covenant, I signed up. there is no cost to you and it is from Focus On The Family. What is it? You and I covenant together:
  • G -genuine Accountability - 1 Samuel 18:1, NIV
  • R - Right Relationships - 2 Corinthians 13:11 NIV
  • A - A Servant/Shepherd's Heart - John 10:15 NIV
  • C - Constant Safeguards - Ephesians 6:10
  • E - Embrace God Intimately - James 4:8
Yes, it spells GRACE. All you need do is sign up at http://www.parsonage.org/ There is a great deal more to the covenant, but I hope I've wet your  to seek appetite for additional information.

You will receive a packet in the mail along with a lapel pin. Send me an e-mail make me aware that we are partners and accountable to each other. Perhaps you have already signed on, let me know. What a blessing it is to know 'you've got my back," and I've got yours.

Love ya, T.A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment