Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pastor Appreciation Month, For those who serve...

So often we who are called to serve the Lord and His people are among those who are the forgotten among our society. Please allow me to to one of those who's like to say, THANK YOU! 

Thank you for the hours you spend preparing to preach and teach the Word of God
Thank you for the time you spend in prayer for me and countless others
Thank you for caring, for our community and those who are in need
Thank you for being yourself, a real person
Thank you for being willing to serve in places where you may never be honored with a celebration
Thank you for your years (decades in some cases) of service
Thank you serving at the low end of the pay scale
Thank you for attending the funerals of my (and others) loved ones
Thank you for caring for my children and my family
Thank you for fighting on behalf of the underprivileged and forgotten among us
Thank you stand nearby and not saying a word when I needed it
Thank you for speaking to me, when no one else would
Thank you for listening 
Thank you for that e-mail
Thank you for your humor
Thank you for loving me, when it seemed no one else cared or would
Thank you for being a friend
Thank you allowing me a place in your life
Thank you for words of encouragement when I needed it and I didn't know it
Thank you for your timing (it was the Lord who used you just then)
Thank you for sharing my struggle; and I your's
Thank you for be 'Real' 
Thank you for sharing your heart
Thank you for those hospital visits to my loved one you didn't know
Thank you for encouraging me and others to finish High School
Thank you for encouraging my children to finish college
Thank you for attending an endless string of children's programs 
Thank you for allow God to use you in countless ways
Thank you for "THAT' message, that Sunday
Thank you for being the wife of a pastor, even when you didn't want to be anymore
Thank you for that 'dry-wit'
Thank you for telling that story, one one I've heard a dozen times, but continues to make a point
Thank you for putting up with me when I...
Thank you for loving me
Thank you for 'just showing up'
Thank you for being God's angel when I needed it
Thank you for being a friend 

Perhaps you'd like to add to this list, please do so. If you know a pastor or minister who might benefit from reading this, please pass it along. 

Love ya, 
Bishop T.A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment