Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A response to Experimental Faith...

Experimental Faith

Hebrews 11 two four by it the elder's obtained a good report the vast possibilities of faith described in Hebrews 11, then, on derived from experimental faith. Why call it won't, experimental."? Because it is a word that not only implies our experience, but also invites being tested at the empirical level. The Marvel of faith is that it derives its strength from believing God without the evidence of things “seen” but produces works that are clearly visible to anybody who cares to observe.

The question of order is at stake in Hebrews 11:2. if we fail to see the nature of faith, as it is indicated in this profound verse, old the folks in Hebrews 11 will need much less to us. The right to simply says that by faith the people “obtained witness" (v.4, KJV) It is to be seen that they produce the witness, not vice versa. The things that they did, then, are not what produced the faith; what they did came as a result of their faith. The us, by believing and not see, a great many things happen. But they are doing these things did not earn them salvation. They were not trying to earn salvation-the opposite is true-it is because they were already assured of God's integrity and faith oneness that they accomplished what they did.

Yet, if walls experimental Faith, not saving faith, that produced the commendation. Saving faith is in the tangible; experimental Faith is tangible. Hebrews 11 contains one graphic demonstration after another of what one can do experimentally if one already feels accepted by God. God motivates men, by accepting them. Our wills are not set free to ask for unlimited possibilities through faith unto a hot our first persuaded that God loves us. In short, saving faith must calm before experimental faith.

So by saying that faith obtains a good report, our writer shows that what is at first saving faith should become an experimental faith. For the things that experimental faith demonstrates are not accomplished with a view to proving to ourselves that we are saved; we should already know that and be beyond the need for that assurance. Nevertheless, a good report gives proof that saving faith is there.

R. T. Kendall – Excerpted from Believing God – Morning Star Publications & Ministries, 1997

My Response:
Abba, grant that I would have experimental faith. I thank you for your saving faith, where you have redeemed me by your blood on the cross; now to accomplish what you wish and want I must move into another place, that of experimental faith. A faith that moves beyond what I can see or even hope for. That experiement where all things are possible to him who believes; a place where what you want of me becomes reality, bit by bit, piece by piece, day by day.

What these believers accomplished and over-came, are the result of trusting you to do what you asked of them, by faith. No not trail and error, but following your leading, where there was nothing for them to believe, except your Word; pomises and directions that would have seemed impossible, when they looked at what you wanted. Why many of them never saw the compilation of your promise in their life-times. But you are faithful, ever so faithful.

I thank you for the intangible faith and now by your grace, the tangible will come forth. If the idea(s) are from you, “…all things are possible.” My hesitation isn’t in or about you, it’s me Jesus. Anything you ask of us, would often seem impossible or at least, highly improbable. I like your servant Moses wonder, how can I lead so great a people, (or idea.) The people around me have caused me to question myself and what I’m capable of doing. Forgive me.

Help me to trust you completely as these men and women in Hebrews 11 did. They were very much like me, nothing special and very ordinary. But you had a plan and a purpose for their and my life as well. May I now begin to live out what you want done through me.  Jesus, I’m thankful that you’ve chosen me for this task, and I’m certain you will provide all I need as it is needed top accomplish your purpose. So I thank you for the needed resources to do your work. Thank you for what I need to be for your glory. In Jesus name, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment