Monday, October 10, 2011

Praying together . . .

Abba, I come top you today with thanksgiving, not so much for the things and stuff of life, but for your grace and mercy show to me during times of trial and testing. Your Spirit had walked with me as I faced challenges I didn't know or expect. Some where and at some moment you reminded me of your love, I questioned what was going and and yes, why. Without thinking I began to fight back in my own weak and failing ways. It was there in that moment, your voice was heard, "trust me." Thank you. 

May I run to you again, like the child I am; I want so much to grow up and handle things on my own, yet I know I'll never be that grown up, I will always need you as my Abba Father. So here I am, thanking you for being present. There may not be trouble or pain and for some of us there is, but it is in this moment I acknowledge you as my everything, the one who can and has always held me as your very own. So lead on oh King eternal is more than an old hymn, but a living need in this moment, on this day. 

Bless these my brothers and sisters who stand alone or even with others and yet seem so alone. comfort and grant rest not only because of yesterday's labour, but what lies ahead this week. we are yours, we belong to you; you are our good shepherd, great and chief shepherd, who have never forgotten or abandoned us. I embrace you now and hold tightly to you, thank you for being present, in Jesus name I pray. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment