Tuesday, September 11, 2012

from my most recent study:
" prostitute came to me in wretched straits, homeless, sick, and unable to buy food for her two year old daughter. . . .

At last I asked if she had ever thought of going to a church for help. I will never forget the look of pure, naive shock that crossed her face. "Church!" she cried. "why would I ever go there? I was already feeling terrible about myself. they'd just m
ake me feel worse."

Sadly. I know that church, or one very much like it. If you ask, ". . . well what about holiness, and righteousness and preaching truth, you are correct that is, (wait for it, watch this . . . ) comes after His grace has been preached and received through faith in Christ. Not before. The world needs a hope that comes not from what I do, Wall Street on the outcome of the next election, (opp's did I say that out loud,) but from a Savior who transforms from the inside out.

"All right Reverend, you done stopped preach'n and gone to meddl'n!"

Grace is a gift that cost everything for the giver and nothing for the recipient. a gift free of charge, no strings attached.

Grace comes from the outside, as a gift and not an achievement.

"What I needed more than pardon was sense the God accepted me, owned me, held me affirmed me, and would never let go of me even if he was not too much impressed with what he had on his hands." Lewis Smeds

"Grace comes free of charge to people who do not deserve it and I am one of those people."

"I yearn for the church to become a nourishing culture of that grace."

What is Christianity's unique contribution among world religions.
C. S. Lewis responded, "Oh, that's easy. It's grace."

Only Christianity dares to make God's love unconditional.

Love ya,

"Ubuntu"

No comments:

Post a Comment